8.18.2013

Don't Get Ripped Off! Buyer Beware! Super Power Shower Edition

In your search for a showerhead to improve the water spray intensity in your home with low water pressure, you turned to the web and there found several advertisements for SUPER HIGH PRESSURE SHOWERHEADS....The Best Thing Since Niagara Falls!  Well, I'm here to test these showerhead claims, and give you the lowdown on these units.

First off we have The Super Power Shower.


Unfortunately, this showerhead didnt deliver on it's promises with regards to low water pressure usage.  Furthermore you can buy this unit as the Baypointe Adjustable Spray Showerhead for $6 Shipped from eBay!  Or even less at your local hardware store.   Instead of $29.95 or $19.95 or $14.95!   Depending on the "sale."



Save your bucks, and dont buy one of these.  These work pretty well for people with high water pressure, and are found for a couple of bucks at the local hardware store.   But for low water pressure, there are better alternatives.  In fact there are better alternatives for high water pressure, as well.

Here is a similar design with a similar build quality and function in action...which can be found at Home Depot for $1.25 or so.



Pictured Below: Baypointe Adjustable Spray Showerhead




Here is my Super Power Shower in action!  




I've got this adjusted for maximum spray intensity.  It is an aweful mess.  The Niagara Earth Massage and Whedon Economy Plus (among many others) blow this out of the water.  The stream integrity is poor and a bit wild spraying off to the side.  Avoid the Baypointe aka Super Power Shower.  This thing probably works decent with good water pressure, but there are better alternatives out there for those with poor water pressure. 

EDIT:  Ive seen these branded by Ace Hardware, Kissler and others as well.


Gems from the web...

RipOff Report


Please read before buying a shower head from Richard Graham aka: Mark Thomas. I recently was in the market for a high pressure shower head as the one I had was giving low pressure. I came across a website www.best-shower-head.com which advertised there shower head as High Pressure, High Volume, High Flow! There website goes to say Super Power Shower, the Best Shower Head You've Ever Owned, Next best thing since Nigra Falls. 
Balloney, I received their shower head in the mail about a week after ordering and immediately connected it per their instructions. Not only was this Not High Pressure, it was actually worse pressure than what I orginally had. The product also, was very cheaply made, almost looked like something you buy in a toy store, it was such low quality.
Well as disapointed as I was at least they had a money back guanantee at least that's what I thought. Their webiste states a Double Your Money Back Guarantee If your new shower head is not as described you may return it at any time within one full year and I will happlily refund double your purchase price. Again Baloney, when I requested a refund all I got was the run around and finally they just told me they cannot give a refund. Luckily I bought this through PayPal. I immediatley contacted PayPal and filed a dispute. 2 weeks later I got my money back.
I'm glad I received my money back but still a big hassle having to deal with crooks from this Scam Shower Head company. Please think twice before purchasing anything from them as most likely you will get ripped off. 

3 comments:

  1. I have one too and it's a very bad shower head.I emailed the web site twice and they did not respond what a rip off. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not listen to anything you read on this website.
    I bought the real Super Power Shower (not some cheap and tacky alternative) and it is very powerful. Best shower I have ever used. Guests that stay at my house say it's like a fire hose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think.
    Shower Heads

    ReplyDelete